Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 14, 2011

And Now We Wait

Today I had my last prenatal appointment.  I was hoping I would get sent to L&D because I was in labor but didn't know it; instead, the doctor confirmed that baby is happy inside and not appearing today or tomorrow.  WAH.

In the past week, my stomach has become so smushed that the acid reflux and heartburn make me want to weep.  Or at least not eat!

I had to ask for a prescription and am now downing my third glass of Gaviscon.  Has anyone had success with this medicine?  It appears to be sold over-the-counter in the U.S.  I'm going to give it a few days and if I don't feel better then I will ask for something stronger.

The insert says to avoid chocolate (no more hot cocoa in the morning), citrus products (no more orange juice in the morning either!),  carbonated beverages (no more sparkling water!), among other things.  I had already eliminated tomatoes because they HURT.

An aside:  Sophie caught a cold/cough last week.  By Saturday, both Pascal and I were hit with it.  We were drinking warm lemon juice and water with honey to soothe our throats and by the end of the day, I was in agony.  Duh!  Citrus=acid!  Clearly, I wasn't thinking. 

Off to chug another Gaviscon and hoping to get some sleep tonight.

No comments: