Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

49w4d, What Can Happen In 19 Days

The Friday before Easter, I discovered Sophie's first tooth as I was swiping a water bottle cap out of her mouth: the upper right lateral incisor. It was shocking, actually, as we'd been watching the lower central incisors for MONTHS, the shiny pearls visible beneath the surface.

On Easter, the lower right central incisor FINALLY erupted, and Sophie was better able to eat bites of Easter lamb :)

I ordered a baby toothbrush and kid-friendly toothpaste for her that Monday.

On Wednesday the 15th, she started crawling. Prior to that, it had been half-hearted, lazy efforts, because hey! Mommy or the walker is a much better means of transport.

On Tuesday the 21st, we found that her upper left lateral incisor had erupted. She also discovered the toilet paper roll while walking around in her harness with Pascal (that thing has saved our backs!).

On Wednesday the 22nd, while Pascal was in London for the day, I released Sophie from Baby Jail because she was whining. I sat her on the floor next to Baby Jail and returned to my desk to finish an email. I stood up to see what she was playing with and lo-and-behold, she had pulled herself up on Baby Jail (not a big deal, she's been pulling up for a while now), but she decided to walk in my direction, unprompted and unassisted. I was so shocked that I scooped her help (corner of the desk nearby, hard floors below) and promptly set her back down to walk again. Which she did, over and over again. Apparently, crawling really isn't that interesting to her . . .

Our girl is mobile.

And now, one week later, she is walking even steadier - Frankensophie with her outstretched arms from time to time - and four more teeth have erupted: the upper two central incisors (no more Dracusophie!), the lower left central incisor (FINALLY! ending ToothWatch 2009) and the lower right lateral incisor.

That's seven teeth in 19 days.

She makes the funniest faces now that her teeth are in - I suppose it feels strange! - pic to follow at some point. As you know, it's hit or miss with capturing baby smiles.

2 comments:

Judie said...

Oh, my word!! She has done it all in less than a month. What a child! Wonder what the next round will be?

Love, Judie

Anonymous said...

Wow - she's growing up!! Do post pictures PLEASE!!! XO M