Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

38w1d, Tension

My 9th month appointment earned me a trip to Labor&Delivery, because my tension (blood pressure) was a little high at the beginning of the appointment. By the end of the appointment, it had dropped a little, but combined with my swollen feet and ankles (I blamed the heat), I got a pass to L&D.

After 1/2 hour of monitoring the baby's heart rate and my blood pressure, I was released. Whew! I didn't relish the thought of staying at the hospital until the baby is born.

The baby has gained a few grams, weighing in at 2.8 kg (6.2 lbs), and I am under strict orders to keep my feet up as much as possible and limit my trips up and down the stairs.

3 comments:

Reluctant Flyer said...

Sous Tension... what were you doing, moving furniture again?

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and loving you from SO far away!! Take it easy these last few days- you will have a new understanding of busy soon! :) Hugs~
Lisa

Anonymous said...

My birthday was not meant to cause the great Bree Van De Kamp stress. I don't think you were moving furniture, I think you were making some special muffins to put in the overcooked basket with ribbon and the perfect tea towel. Wow too much time with my sisters and wife!